For all of you who have decided to give a break to meat we’ll present a vegetarian version of Traditional Curry with pumpkin, chickpeas and spinach. It is so tasty that you might forget for the original.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 700g raw pumpkin
- 3 medium onions (300g)
- 4 cm ginger (1 tbsp grated)
- 7 garlic cloves (1 tbsp grated)
- 800g tomatoes (tinned)
- 250g boiled chickpeas
- 400g spinach
- 10 tbsp oil
- 1-2 fresh chilies (optional)
- Chop pumpkin into equal pieces.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and chilies (if using).
- Puree/grate 7 garlic cloves and 4 cm piece ginger.
- Clean and chop spinach.
- Heat 10 tbsp oil over medium heat and add contents of package №1 for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilies (if using) and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add 700g chopped pumpkin with 1 tsp salt.
- Add the contents of package №2 (and optionally package Chili) and stir constantly 1 minute before adding 800g canned tomatoes and a can of water.
- Pour in 250g boiled chickpeas.
- Cover with a lid and cook for at least 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add 400g spinach and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
We highly recommend that you see the video recipe before cooking: