Rogan Josh mushrooms
The Kashmiri masala Rogan Josh is great with mushrooms as well as all other vegetables. If you choose mushrooms like us ..
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 kg mushrooms (whole, small, about 3 sm or cut into big pieces)
- 3 onions (300 g)
- 4 cm ginger (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 7 garlic cloves (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 100-150 ml cream (or replacement)
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- basmati rice (for a side dish)
- Puree/grate 7 garlic cloves and 4 cm piece ginger.
- Finely chop 3 medium onions (300g) and 1-2 chilies (if using).
- If using big mushrooms but into 3 sm pieces.
- Heat 8 tbsp oil over medium heat and add contents of package №1 for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilies (if using) and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Dissolve the contents of package №2 (and optionally package Chili) in 100 ml of water. Mix till homogeneous and pour in the pan.
- Wait 2-3 minutes before adding 250 ml of water (1 cup).
- Lower the heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the cream, mix and add the mushrooms.
- After boiling cook for 10-15 minutes or until reaching the desired consistency.
- Serve with basmati rice.